The audio amplifier
One or more amplifiers are installed to serve each music zone, according to the required power level.
The ABI-MM1001S40 is a 2x20W RMS stereo Class D audio power amplifier that combines Class AB amplifier performance with Class D efficiency.
The gain and mute of the amplifier can be controlled by either a Smart Music RCM, or by an in-wall volume control potentiometer (ABI-MM1005SSI or ABI-MM1005SWH), or by a 0-10V home automation control signal.
- Line level audio input on RJ45 and 3,5mm stereo jack
- Line level audio output on 3,5mm stereo jack
- Speaker outputs on spring-loaded contacts, max 2mm²
- Output power: max 2x20W RMS into 4 Ohm loads
- Distortion: THD+N @ 5W, 1kHz: 0,04%
- Power: 14VDC (from ABI-PS1003S00)
- DIN-rail mount - 3std positions wide (can be placed in a ceiling or cavity wall in case of a standalone solution)
The multiroom module
The Multiroom Multisource Module allows you to create a simple multiroom audio system by interconnecting the Radio & Control Modules from different rooms.
Each RCM can independently listen to either its built-in FM tuner, to a local music source (input1) or to music coming from the Multiroom Multisource Module (input2). One of the five zones can be designated master zone. For each zone an individual central music source can be plugged in and override the function of the master zone.
- 5 amplifier ports on RJ45 jack
- 5 RCM ports on RJ45 jack
- 5 central stereo inputs on 3,5mm stereo jacks
- 1 central stereo master output on 3,5mm stereo jack
- all inputs & outputs line level stereo
- no extra power supply required
- DIN-rail mount - 9 std positions wide